Transfer of Post-9/11 GI-Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)

If you are a Service member, you may be able to transfer your unused VA educational benefits to your spouse or children. In order to transfer educational benefits to a family member, Service members must transfer education benefits prior to retirement, separation, or release from active duty or the Selected Reserve.

Additionally, the Service member must have served a minimum of six years and be willing to agree to an additional four-year service commitment. Once retired or separated from the military, members are no longer eligible to transfer their educational benefits.

Service members can refer to the Department of Defense GI Bill Transferability page at

or contact the Education Service Officer at their branch of service for further information on transferability of Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.


25 Emails You Get From The VA During Separation

Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.

Similar Posts