Do you know that many states offer unique Veterans’ benefits? These benefits may include educational grants and scholarships, special exemptions or discounts on fees and taxes, home loans, veterans’ homes, free hunting and fishing privileges, and more.
State Veteran Affairs Departments are great resources for benefits information. You can visit your state office to learn more about Veteran cemeteries, Veterans¿ service offices for submitting disability claims, state Veterans nursing homes, and possible state education benefits. You can also get more information about US VA education benefits.
Want to Learn More?
* Visit the National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs (NASDVA) website at http://www.nasdva.us.
* Visit www.ebenefits.va.gov. On the home page, click the Benefit Links menu item, then click the Benefits by State link.
* Use the Request State Benefit Information form on www.ebenefits.va.gov to get benefits information from one or more states:
1. From anywhere on the eBenefits site, click the My eBenefits tab.
2. In the lower half of the page, locate the Messaging category on the right.
3. Click the Request State Benefit Information link.
4. Complete and submit the online form.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.